These SAUCY BALLS…are EVERYTHING!! And my signature tomato sauce compliments these balls QUITE NICELY.
*******I recommend pairing this meal with a sparkling peach Bellini! See: Cocktail recipes
Total Time: 1 HR
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 1lb of ground beef
- 1lb of ground Italian sausage
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 tablespoons of garlic
- 1/2 chopped or diced red onion
- 1 cup of Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons of salt and pepper
- 1 cup of parsley
- Combine in a large bowl all of the ingredients and mix them together thoroughly.
2. Scoop out about 1 tablespoon worth of meat mixture, squeeze and roll in palms forming a 1 1/2″ meatball. Arrange meatballs neatly in a plate, or dish.
3. In a skillet, drizzle a tablespoon of olive oil or enough to cover the pan. Once the skillet is hot, add the meatballs, turning every 2 minutes until meatballs are brown. At this point, your meatballs can be covered for about 2-3 minutes. They do not need to be entirely cooked through, they will finish cooking in the sauce.
4. Once the balls are browned, Add them to the pot of tomato sauce. See: recipe below
LORISSA’S HOMEMADE ROASTED GARLIC TOMATO SAUCE:
Cook time: Once the sauce is in the pot, allow it to cook down and thicken for at least 1-2 hours prior to adding the meatballs.
- 8 ripe on the vine tomatoes
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Clean tomatoes thoroughly. Add them to a baking dish and season with salt and drizzle with olive oil generously. Place garlic in the pan and allow them to bake in the pan together at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until you see the skin of the tomatoes peeling.
2. After you have peeled the tomatoes, blend all of the roasted ingredients in a blender then add to a non-stick pot with red onions, garlic, parsley and diced mushrooms. In this recipe, you have the option to add anything you would like to the pot, if you prefer, omit the mushrooms and just add onion or parsley or both!
NOW, THE FUN PART!!
3. After your sauce is cooked down, add your meatballs!! MMmmm!!!
Lastly, cook for another 30-45 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through and SERVE WITH YOUR FAVORITE PASTA!