I love this recipe, the combination of the smoked Gouda and bacon paired with the chicken breasts = amazing!!
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 package of bacon depending on how many pieces you want
- 3 -4 ounces of smoked Gouda Cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper to taste
1. Combine, cayenne, garlic salt, paprika and pepper.
2. Flatten chicken breasts to approx. 1/4″ thickness.
3. Season both sides of chicken with the seasoning mixture.
4. Place small piece (s) of cheese on chicken and roll up, pressing firmly. ( i used a spoon)
5. Wrap each stuffed breast with a bacon slice ( or 4 lol ) and then brown over medium heat until bacon just begins to crisp.
6. Bake in a 350 oven for 20 minutes.
After the chicken breasts are removed, for plating, delicately slice the breast into rings and sprinkle parsley on top! I used the leftover Gouda cheese and made a cheese sauce by combining flour, butter, milk and Gouda cheese and cooked on low for 10 minutes.