For added flavor, I marinate the chicken in spices for at least 2 hours before frying. I used a deep fryer, i recommend it, as it only takes 8-10 minutes to fry.
Cook time: 8-10 minutes ( if you are using a skillet, allow chicken to cook an extra 8-10 minutes)
Total time: 13-15 minutes
- 1/2 lb party wings or you can use any cut of bone-in chicken you prefer.
- 2 tablespoons of Tony Chachere bold creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoons of cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon of old bay seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of seasoning salt
- salt and pepper to taste ( remember not to over salt the chicken)
- 2 cups of flour
- Combine seasonings in a bowl and allow seasonings to evenly coat the chicken (except the flour). Refrigerate for 2 hours.
2. Once you are ready to fry the chicken, coat wings evenly with 2 cups of flour. Set your deep fryer to 375 degrees. Carefully place wings in deep fryer basket.
3. Remove wings from fryer, and they should be crispy and golden brown. Place on a paper towel or wire rack to drain oil and cool.
And ENJOY with some mac n cheese, and greens! ( recipes posted in southern/comfort food category)