Thick, creamy and delicious. By far the best way to use leftover baked potatoes!
- 8 slices of bacon
- 2/3 cup of margarine
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 cups of chicken stock ( or you can use caldo de pollo)
- 7 cups of milk
- 5 large baked potatoes peeled and cubed
- 4 green onions
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of soup cream
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 3 teaspoons of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of crushed red pepper for spice (optional)
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium heat until browned. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
- In a stock pot or Dutch oven, melt the margarine over medium heat. Whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk, whisking constantly until thickened and chicken broth. Stir in potatoes and onions. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Mix in bacon, cheese, sour cream, salt, and pepper. Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until cheese is melted.
- And ENJOY!