Okay, so recently I started watching Breaking Bad ( I know, I’m so late). And there was a scene when Mikes lawyer goes to the vault to stash cash, and he mentions to the receptionist something about Bacon and Banana Cookies…and I hollered!! lol I wanted to know if this was possible, it sounded crazy to me. So…this recipe is a homage to Breaking Bad! Are you brave enough to try these????? Not only are these cookies sweet, but MY GOD when you taste those bits of bacon!?? Lord have mercy on me! Also, these cookies are not the typical cookie-like consistency, they are more of a cake/bread cookie. This recipe can easily be turned into a muffin recipe.
(makes roughly 30 cookies — less if you made them big like I did)
- 2 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1 (16 oz .) package of bacon
- Optional: Chocolate chips – I added some chocolate chips to half of the batch, about a cup worth. I highly recommend doing this recipe with chocolate chips!!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper if you have it.
2. Chop and fry bacon in a pan. Let your little bacon bits sit and cool while you are doing the rest of the prepping.
3. In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon of the cinnamon, and the salt.
4. In a medium mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to cream together the butter and 1 cup of the sugar. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until they are fully incorporated. Beat in the vanilla.
5. Add the butter mixture to the flour mixture, then stir in the mashed bananas, beating well after each addition. Fold in the bacon. (Fold in the chocolate chips now too if you’re adding those, I recommend you do!)
6. Stir together the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and the remaining cinnamon (for sprinkling on the cookies before baking).
7. Drop the dough by heaping tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheet 1 inch apart. Sprinkle generously with the cinnamon-sugar.
8. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until slightly browned.
9. Allow the cookies to cool completely before storing in an airtight container. Cookies will keep for 5 to 7 days.
EAT AND SAVOR THE FLAVOR OF BANANAS AND BACON WITH CHOCOLATE CHIPS MMMmmm!!