My husband made this for me when we were dating, then I took this recipe, modified it and made it my own! lol But this is a great recipe, you can make as much or as little as you want. Since it myself and my husband I only prepared two breasts. This dish can also be paired with potatoes, rice or even pasta. I opted to do it with a homemade red potato mash.
Prep: 10 mins.
Cook : 25 mins
- 2 chicken breasts pounded out and floured. ( 2 cups of flour)
- 2 tablespoon of seasoning salt, pepper and sea salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon of Emerils Essence Seasoning ( i recommend it)
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 cup of chopped parsley
- 1 cup of Marsala wine
- 1 tablespoon of garlic
- 2 cups of mushrooms
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- In a skillet combine 2 tablespoons of butter and a drizzle of olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken.
- Sizzle for 5 minutes or until brown. You will notice the butter will start to brown. This is a good indicator to flip.
- Remove chicken breasts. In the same skillet add mushrooms and de-glaze the pan by adding Marsala wine. It will sizzle up so be careful! Next add broth, parsley and green onions.
- Cook down for 10 minutes on low heat. Then add chicken breasts. Turn up heat on medium/high heat and cook down for another 10 minutes.
- Once it is cooked down to your liking, garnish with green onions, serve with pasta, potatoes or rice and enjoy!