“I love anything with red sauce. I love anything with shrimp. I love anything with gooey cheese. Lets put all that together and make a really delicious shrimp enchilada because SPROUTS has jumbo shrimp on sale for 6.99 lb!” lol—That was literally the conversation I had to myself the other day that made me decide to make shrimp enchiladas. And of course you know I had to make it spicy because im a spice-freak!
- 8-10 tortillas depending on how many you want to make
- 1 block of Monterrey jack cheese ( I also added Habanero Sieera Jack Cheese- from Sprouts)
- 1 jar of your favorite brand of red enchilada sauce. If you want to make your own, please refer to my *pozole rojo* recipe where I show you how to make homemade guajillo chile sauce which can be used for Enchiladas.
- 1 cup of green onions
- 2 serrano chiles chopped up
- 1lb of shrimp cut in half
- 1 whole on the vine tomato
PREP EVERYTHING AHEAD OF TIME SO IT’S QUICK TO ASSEMBLE. SHRED YOUR CHEESE, DICE YOUR TOMATOES, ONIONS, AND CHILES.
On low, toes the shrimp and make sure the flavors begin to meld together.
Now the preparation begins here. In a skillet, let your sauce heat slowly. In a SEPARATE SKILLET lightly fry your tortilla shell just until it’s malleable ( able to bend and not break. This will make rolling up the corn tortilla much easier). After, dip the tortilla in sauce and begin to assemble.
Pour mixture in to the tortilla.
Yummy! Let me show you my spread: