Hey!! SO you know those facebook videos that show recipes and video is only like 55 seconds long and the final image is this beautiful creation and you’re like wait…..let me rewind how did they do that? No? …Not at all? lol Ok well i saw this recipe, but when i pieced it apart I actually did not like it. So I wanted to modify it and make it my own…add different spices, flavorings and seasoning.
I have always loved ALLLLLLLL types of soup and stews and this just gave me an opportunity to work with different/asian flavors. And I almost never make Asian inspired dishes… but this one was actually pretty delicious!!!
Of course since this is won ton soup, you want to make sure your won tons are ON POINT!
prep time: 20 mins| cook time: 20 minutes| total: 40 minutes
- 10 oz. baby bok choy or similar green vegetable
- 6 cups good chicken stock ( I used swansons)
- 3-4 mushrooms sliced
- crushed red pepper for spice (optional)
- 1 cup of scallions ( i really like scallions)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 1/2 LB of wild cause shrimp (optional)
- 1 cup ground pork
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 4-6 white mushrooms
- 2-3 tablespoon seasoned soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 pack wonton skins
- 1 egg for egg wash
- 1 egg for meat mixture
- 1 cup of snap peas for garnish (optional)
- 1 bunch of scallions
- White pepper and salt to taste